Today I have a quick meal idea that uses a few premade items I picked up at Costco. This post isn't sponsored or anything like that, but the meal is very quick and delicious!
I picked up the main ingredients at my local Costco. Those would be the roaster chicken, tzatziki sauce and mini naan. Add in a few fresh veggies and dinner is ready to go. We used Penzey's Greek Seasoning to spice up the chicken and it turned out wonderful. The tzatziki sauce I believe was the Hannah brand.
If you are a gyro fan and in the need for an extra quick and fulfilling dinner, try this recipe out. Everyone in my house loved it. Enjoy!
Simple Chicken Gyros
Makes about 8-10 servings (using mini naan)
- 1 roaster chicken, meat pieces removed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tsp. dried greek seasoning
- premade tzatziki sauce
- cucumber, diced
- red onion, diced
- tomatoes, sliced
- package of pita bread or mini naan
- Put the chicken pieces in a saute pan with the greek seasoning and heat until warmed through. There should be enough juices from the roaster chicken that no extra liquid is required.
- Dice the cucumber, red onion and slice the tomatoes.
- Warm the bread in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Add the tzatziki sauce, chicken and vegetables and serve.
Recipe by Jam Hands.