This unique appetizer starts with a base of cream cheese, topped with rich pumpkin butter (plain or spiced is fine either way), bacon and glazed pecans. The flavors go so well together and are sure to be a great addition to a fall get together. You can go with store bought pumpkin butter or make your own. Many thanks to I Want Crazy for this recipe. Enjoy!
Sweet & Savory Pumpkin Butter Layered Dip
Makes about 8 servings
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup pumpkin butter (store bought or from scratch: My recipe is here.)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- crackers (recommended: Town House pretzel flips)
- In a saute pan, add the pecans, butter and brown sugar and heat over medium. Once toasted and mixed well, set aside to cool.
- Spread the cream cheese onto your serving dish evenly. Top with pumpkin butter, smoothing it over the cream cheese evenly. Sprinkle the pecans and bacon over the top. Serve with crackers.
Recipe slightly adapted from I Want Crazy. Sharing this recipe at the following fun link parties.