This crazy little recipe comes from one of my favorite cooking blogs, Chef In Training. Nikki has never let me down for the recipes I have made from her site. Be sure to hop over after reading this post and be ready to bookmark a ton of her recipes.
For this jello fluff, the typical ingredients are present, like cool whip, jello, marshmallows and fruit. The crazy ingredient is finely shredded cheddar cheese. Yep! Believe it or not, it just works. If you have ever had a jello salad with cottage cheese, it is not that far off from that sort of taste, just milder. The cheese seems to balance out the sweetness of the salad, as well as providing some texture to it. If someone didn't know cheese was in this, I wonder if they would ever guess.
If you are an adventurous foodie who loves a bit of a retro flair, be sure to try this one out. It is delicious. Many thanks to Nikki for another wonderful recipe. Enjoy!
Crazy Orange Jello Fluff
Makes a large bowl, about 10 servings
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (3 oz) package orange jello, dry- not prepared
- 2 (11 oz.) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (21 oz.) cans pineapple tidbits, drained
- 8 oz. Cool Whip, thawed
- ½ cup grated mild cheddar cheese
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Mix sour cream, jello packet, mandarin oranges, pineapple and cheese together. Fold in thawed Cool Whip to the jello mixture. Stir in cheese and marshmallows. Chill covered in fridge unit ready to serve.
Sharing this recipe at the following fun link parties.