Crisp apples, fluffy cool whip and pudding with Snickers bars make up this delicious side dish. This is one of those dessert "salads" which some people seem to be offended by. It is so delicious though!
Feel free to switch up what type of apples you use. Having made this with two sweet apple varieties, gala and golden delicious, I think a tart and sweet combo might be better, like granny smith and gala. Those were just my taste preferences though.
Please note- This salad is best served on the day it is made. I wouldn't recommend making this the day before. Keep it fresh and the apples crunchy by making it shortly before you plan on serving it. A few hours ahead of time is just fine, though.
Many thanks to Holly at Life In The Lofthouse who posted this recipe over at The Country Cook. The original recipe called for caramel sauce to be poured over the top, which I think might be more for presentation. It was super sweet just the way it was, so I skipped the sauce. Enjoy!
Snickers Apple Salad
Makes a large bowl, about 12 servings
- 1 (5.1 ounce) package Instant vanilla pudding
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (16 oz.) container Cool Whip, thawed if frozen
- 3-4 apples, a combination of sweet and tart would be great like gala/golden delicious and granny smith, chopped
- 5 Snickers candy bars, chopped into bite sized pieces
- In a large bowl, stir together the vanilla pudding mix and milk with a whisk.
- Immediately fold in the Cool Whip with a spatula, until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the chopped apples and Snickers candy bar pieces.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour before serving.
Adapted from Life In The Lofthouse, via The Country Cook. Sharing this recipe at the following fun link parties.