These little bars are unbelievably good. I don't know about you folks but I often find myself with one lonely banana on the counter, getting more ripe by the day. Most banana bread recipes call for more than one banana so I'm never quite sure what to do with it. Now that I have made this recipe for Banana Blondies, I will never wonder again.
The texture and flavor of these blondies is wonderful. Many thanks to Cookies and Cups for this wonderful recipe. Enjoy!
Banana Blondies with Brown Sugar Frosting
Makes an 8x8" pan
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and if desired browned
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (1 medium banana)
- Brown Sugar Frosting:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- For the Blondies: Preheat oven to 350°. Line an 8x8 baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside
- In bowl of stand mixer combine melted (or browned) butter and sugar. Mix until combined. Add in egg and vanilla and continue mixing until incorporated. Stir in salt, flour and banana until batter is smooth and even. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until center is set.
- Transfer pan to wire rack to cool.
- Frost the blondies when they are mostly cooled.
- For the Brown Sugar Frosting: In a medium saucepan melt butter. Add brown sugar and milk and stir until mixture comes to just a boil. Remove from heat, allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in powdered sugar with a whisk.
- Spread on top of blondies and allow frosting to set and blondies to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Recipe from Cookies and Cups. Sharing this recipe at the following fun link parties.