It's a bit hard to see the ham in these Ham and Cheese Pinwheels but it is indeed there. I love puff pastry. I am of the opinion that it beats out crescent rolls every single time. Pinwheels are easy party food that come together quickly.
These pinwheels can be made the day before, just wrap it tightly with cling wrap and let it chill in the fridge until you are ready to slice and bake. I kept mine simple since it was for the kiddos, using just ham and cheese but you could add a Dijon style mustard if you wanted for more flavor. I skipped the egg wash to save time, but if you want your to look pretty, go for it. Enjoy!
Ham and Cheese Puff Pastry Pinwheels
Makes a few dozen
- 1 box puff pastry (two sheets)
- 2/3 cup cheddar cheese, divided (I used shredded, sliced thin also works)
- 12 slices ham, thinly sliced, divided
- egg wash (optional)
1. Lay out the puff pastry on a sheet of parchment paper. Make sure all the seams are closed, if not pinch/press the seams together.
2. Lay out enough ham to cover the entire puff pastry sheet. Add the cheese, be careful not too overfill. Roll up tightly and wrap with cling wrap. Chill for an hour.
3. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375-f degrees. Cut into 1/2" slices and bake for about 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.