The Thanksgiving leftovers are slowly being eaten up, but as it usually goes, everyone is getting tired of the same meal each night. I found this recipe for leftover turkey casserole at Allrecipes. It spruces up your leftover cranberry sauce and potatoes by adding in a few additional ingredients, like mayo and cheese. It came together in less than 10 minutes and was a satisfying meal. Enjoy!
- I goofed a bit and added all of my stuffing on the bottom layer. I think I preferred it this was as it allowed the potato mixture on top to get slightly browned.
Leftover Turkey Casserole
Makes an 8"x8" casserole
- 4 cups leftover prepared stuffing, divided
- 4 cups coarsely chopped leftover cooked skinless turkey breast
- 3/4 cup Hellmann's® Half the Fat mayonnaise-type dressing, divided
- 1/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 8-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon in 2 cups stuffing, then top with turkey. (I added all the stuffing to the bottom layer instead, see notes above)
2. Combine 1/4 cup mayo with cranberry sauce; evenly spread over turkey.
3. Combine remaining 1/2 cup mayonnaise-type dressing, potatoes and cheese in large bowl. Evenly spread on turkey, then top with remaining 2 cups stuffing.
4. Bake 40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired, with dried cranberries.
Recipe from Hellmann's & Allrecipes.