Happy Friday! Today I have a recipe that perhaps not many people have tried before, a Carrot Salad from the Barefoot Contessa. Since this is such a basic recipe, the quality of the ingredients matter. You want to use fresh pineapple and freshly grated carrots. Ours were grated just a bit too thinly, but they worked.
The original recipe does call for golden raisins but we had regular raisins to use up so I went that route. After preparing this salad, chill in the fridge. This would be great alongside sandwiches for lunch. Enjoy!
Barefoot Contessa Carrot Salad
Makes several servings
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 pound carrots
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup diced fresh pineapple
1. Place the raisins in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to sit for 5 minutes and then drain.
2. Fit a food processor with the grating blade. Cut the carrots in half and place in the feed tube so they are lying on their sides. Process in batches. Place the grated carrots in a medium bowl, add the lemon juice and toss.
3. For the dressing, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar and salt. Pour the dressing over the carrots and add the pineapple and raisins. Toss together and serve.
Recipe from Food Network. Sharing this recipe at the following fun link parties.