This Easter I wanted to try out a few new sauces to go alongside the traditional baked ham we serve. I found this easy recipe over at ChinDeep. My only change was the halve the amount of cinnamon and cloves, as I found the spices overwhelmed the cherry flavor. Enjoy!
Baked Ham with Spiced Cherry Sauce
Makes many servings
- 1 ham, size is up to you, follow directions on the package and bake accordingly
- 1 (12 oz.) jar whole cherry preserves (Recommended: Smucker’s “Orchard’s Finest”)
- 2-3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground cloves
1. Combine the preserves, sugar, orange zest, cinnamon and cloves and heat in a small bowl in the microwave or in a small saucepan on your stove top. Stir until just heated. Plate the ham, pour sauce on top and garnish with more fresh orange zest if desired.
Recipe from ChinDeep. Sharing this recipe at the following fun link parties.