Many thanks to Pocket Change Gourmet for this recipe. It was a nice change from traditional Deviled Eggs. If you love bacon you should give this one a try. For an Easter get together I would make one try of traditional Deviled Eggs and one tray of these Bacon Cheese Deviled Eggs for variety. Enjoy!
Note: I used the advice from this post by The Kitchen for boiling eggs. I didn't worry about centering the egg yolks, but I did follow the instructions noted for cooking the eggs slowly and following that up with an ice bath. This method worked pretty well. I only had 1 or 2 eggs that were really difficult to remove the shells from, and the rest were very easy as long as you are extra careful.
Bacon & Cheese Deviled Eggs
Makes many servings
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- 4 slices bacon (sliced into small pieces and cooked)
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1 green onion (finely chopped)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Cook bacon. Let cool then crumble into small pieces.
2. Slice hard boiled eggs length-wise and scoop out yolks, place yolks in a mixing bowl.
3. Mash yolks and mix in the bacon, cheese, green onion, mayonnaise, mustard and black pepper.
4. Spoon or pipe the mixture into the egg whites. Refrigerate until serving.
Recipe from Pocket Change Gourmet. Sharing this recipe at the following fun link parties.