What can I say about Tuna Casserole? It is rich and delicious, and if you grew up with it like me, it prompts a feeling of comfort. Feel free to omit the eggs or cheese if you prefer, but I highly suggest taking the time to saute the fresh vegetables as they add a nice crunch and flavor. Enjoy!
Cheesy Tuna Casserole with Crumbled Potato Chips
Makes about 8 servings
- 4 cups cooked egg noodles (cook until al dente)
- 1 six ounce pouch Tuna
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 4 oz. diced Velveeta
- salt & pepper to taste (I used roughly half a teaspoon of Foxpoint which has many different seasonings)
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- splash of milk (optional)
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- dab of butter for cooking onion & celery
- shredded cheddar for garnish
- crumbled potato chips for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375-f degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine the cooked noodles, tuna, eggs, Velveeta, soups and a splash of milk. Set aside.
3. In a small saute pan combine the diced onion, celery and a bit of butter and saute for 3-4 minutes until slightly translucent. Do not brown. Add to the noodle mixture.
4. Pour noodle mixture into a large greased baking dish. Top with a handful of shredded cheddar. Then top with crumbled potato chips, as many as you prefer. Bake about 30 minutes, covering half way through so the chips don't burn.
Recipe by me