Next up for Apple Week is a side dish that is unique and super tasty. Lots of crunch, sweetness and a touch of heat make up this delicious coleslaw. I actually skipped the shredded carrots as you can see, but feel free to add them in for more color if you prefer.
Sweet and Spicy Apple & Pecan Coleslaw
Makes 6-8 servings
- 2 pounds shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup diced or thinly sliced green apple
- 1 cup pecans, chopped if desired
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large bowl, toss vegetables, apple and pecans together.
2. In another medium bowl, prepare the coleslaw dressing by whisking together the mayonnaise, mustard, cider vinegar, sugar, black pepper, and cayenne. Toss dressing with the cabbage mixture, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Adapted from The Neelys