I may be on a pie kick lately. There is something about Summer that makes me want to bake lots of fruit pies and today I have a delicious recipe for a Nectarine Almond Pie. There is just a touch of almond in it, just enough to add a hint of flavor and uniqueness to the standard fruit pie. Enjoy a slice warm or cold, although I preferred it cold from the fridge.
Nectarine Almond Pie
Makes one 9" pie
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 5 nectarines
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shell
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Place a large pot of water over high heat, and bring to a boil.
2. Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, heavy cream and almond extract. Set aside.
3. Place the nectarines in boiling water for 30 to 45 seconds. Immediately place nectarines under cold running water and remove skins. Cut nectarines in half and remove pits. Place halves in the pie shell with the cut side down. Pour the cream mixture around the nectarines.
4. Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 35 to 40 minutes. Good served warm or cold.
Recipe by Allrecipes. Linking up to the parties found here.