I must admit that I have been making the same Marshmallow Fruit Salad recipe for my entire life. It is a classic and deeelish. For Easter, though, I wanted to branch out and try new recipes and this recipe for Simple Summer Fruit Salad from Real Mom Kitchen looked perfect. If you are on the hunt for a fruit salad recipe I recommend trying this one out.
One note would be to make it the day you are going to serve it and try to finish any leftovers the first day or so. I thought it tasted much better fresh. I would also add marshmallows next time around and play around with different flavors of jello pudding to add. Delicious!
Quick Summer Fruit Salad
Makes many servings
- 1 (5.1 oz) pkg vanilla instant pudding
- 1 (20 oz) can pineapple tidbits with juice
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (optional, I think marshmallows would be a yummy substitution)
- 3 bananas, sliced
1. In a bowl combine the pudding mix and canned pineapple with the juice. Stir until well blended and all the pudding mixture has dissolved.
2. Fold in the strawberries and blueberries if desired. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
3. Just before serving, fold in the sliced bananas.
Recipe by Real Mom Kitchen