Looking for a super simple appetizer that the whole family will love? I’ve got you covered with these Honey and Garlic Glazed Cheddar Lil’ Smokies.
They are so easy to make and I’ve got both the quick version on the stovetop as well as a set it and forget it option for the slow cooker.
What are Lil’ Smokies?
Lil’ Smokies are miniature smoked cocktail weiners made out of either pork or beef. They are precooked which is super convenient.
Can I use regular (non cheddar) Lil’ Smokies?
Yes! You will want to get the large 28 oz. package of regular Lil’ Smokies to use in this recipe.
Could I substitute sliced kielbasa chunks instead of the Lil’ Smokies?
Yes! Packaged kielbasa typically comes in 14 oz. packages so buy two. Slice the kielbasa into 1-inch thick pieces and follow the recipe the same otherwise.
What is the sauce made out of?
The sauce for this is made with some simple ingredients that make the tastiest glaze: honey, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar and ketchup.
Do I have to use pineapple?
The pineapple chunks are optional depending on if you want a little sweetness. I made this both with and without and liked them equally.
How do I make it faster on the stove top?
If you are making this last minute and want to serve it asap, you can make this on the stovetop in about 15 minutes. I love how fast that is!
How do I make it slower to stay warm all night in the slow cooker?
Alternatively, you can set this up in your slow cooker. After it has cooked for 1-2 hours on high, or 2-3 h ours on low, simply turn the heat setting to ‘warm’ to keep it nice and toasty for several hours if you are serving this for a party.
Honey & Garlic Cheddar Lil’ Smokies (Stovetop or Slow Cooker)
- Heavy Saucepan
- Slow Cooker
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 30 oz. Cheddar Lil' Smokies (two 15 oz. packages)
- 20 oz. can pineapple chunks, drained (optional)
- Stovetop Instructions: In a heavy sauce pot over medium heat, combine the sauce ingredients and stir. Heat until the brown sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. Add the Lil' Smokies, pineapple chunks if using, and stir to coat them well in the sauce. Cook until bubbling and cooked through, about 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- Slow Cooker Instructions: In the bottom of your slow cooker, add all the sauce ingredients and stir well to combine. Add the Lil' Smokies and pineapple and stir to coat. Cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 3-4.
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate.