Tender and juicy, Low Carb Cheeseburger Meatloaf delivers protein and lots of great flavors while keeping the carb count low at 2 carbs per serving.
This low carb cheeseburger meatloaf has been loved by so many over at Pinterest. Low sugar ketchup or barbecue sauce would be really tasty basted on top. I would recommend adding it the last 10 minutes of baking so it doesn’t burn.
- ground beef
- small onion
- garlic powder
- cubed cheddar cheese
How many carbs is it?
You get a pretty substantial serving here at only two carbs, leaving you lots of room for vegetables on the side to make up the majority of the carb count in your meal.
What is the texture like?
Of course, it doesn’t have the exact texture of a traditional meatloaf, seeing as it doesn’t have breadcrumbs, but I found it to be a great substitute. It is tender and the diced onion lends some added texture, flavor and moisture. I would recommend going for a fresh onion for this as opposed to onion powder for this reason.
Add a low carb topping
I served this with a sugar free ketchup or barbecue sauce on the side. Tasty and even the kids loved it, onions and all. Feel free to grate the onion so it is in smaller pieces if you prefer.
Add in extra flavors
Readers have also mentioned adding in chopped green bell pepper and other seasonings to punch up the flavor. I found the recipe to be flavorful as is, but some thought it needed more. Palettes are different so I would follow your instincts if you would like to add in extra seasonings, such as garlic or onion powder, etc.
Looking for more healthy recipes? Check these out!
- Light Sweet & Spicy Tuna Salad
- Light Turkey Wrap with Greek Yogurt Ranch
- Moist Chocolate Zucchini Protein Muffins
- Light Bananas with Cottage Cheese & Honey
- Light 3 Ingredient Caramel Apple Grape Salad
Low Carb Cheeseburger Meatloaf
- 2 pounds raw ground beef 80/20
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan I use the kind in the green can
- 1 small diced onion grate the onion if you want smaller pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese cut into small to medium sized cubes
- Preheat oven to 350-f degrees. Mix all of the ingredients except the cheddar cheese. Be careful not to over mix as this can make the meatloaf tough. Mix in the cheese cubes.
- Place mixture into a lightly sprayed large oven safe dish. Form into a meatloaf shape.
- Bake for 1 hour, until cooked through and browned on top. I recommend using paper towels to clean up some of the grease around the meatloaf.
- Top with sugar free ketchup or barbecue sauce towards the end of cooking or serve on top after the meatloaf finishes cooking.
Recipe by Jam Hands.