If you are anything like me, you might think to yourself, peppermint and eggnog? What the heck?! I was unsure of this combination but this punch was the best I’ve ever made. Everyone who tried it loved it and went back for more.
I photographed the punch shortly after I added the peppermint crunch ice cream, but I found that it tasted best when the ice cream had mostly melted. It was amazing!
The eggnog that we buy is light in consistency, pretty much as thin as milk. That is my preferred style of eggnog, so that is what I went with for this punch. If you buy a very thick and sweet style of eggnog, you might consider using club soda instead of 7Up to cut down on the sweetness. I did try this punch using both club soda and 7Up, and I found the 7Up to be much, much better.
If you don’t have a holiday punch for Christmas, please try this one out. It is wonderfully festive and delicious. Enjoy!
Peppermint Eggnog Christmas Punch
Makes 16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1/2 gallon peppermint ice cream, softened (I used a peppermint crunch style)
- 1 bottle (1 liter) 7UP or Diet 7UP, chilled
- 4 cups eggnog
- Crushed peppermint candies, optional
- If desired, moisten the rims of punch glasses with water. Sprinkle crushed peppermint candies on a plate; dip rims in candies. Set glasses aside.
- Just before serving, combine ice cream, club soda and eggnog in a 4-qt. punch bowl. Serve in prepared glasses.