probably the best shrimp recipe I have ever tasted in my life, Spicy Creole Shrimp Dip.
I made this for a birthday dinner and everyone loved it. To be honest, everyone freaked out about how great it was. This one is going in the top recipes for 2014 for sure. Many thanks to Creole Contessa for this recipe. I tweaked it just barely, subbing red onion for her shallots as well as skipping the celery only because I realized at the last moment that we'd already used it earlier in the week.
Spicy Creole Shrimp Dip
Makes 8 servings
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cups jack cheese, grated
- 3/4 cups sharp cheese, grated
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 shallot, diced (I subbed red onion, about 1/8 cup)
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375-f degrees.
- Mix seasoning blend together and set aside. Reserve 1 teaspoon of seasoning blend for the vegetables.
- Peel, devein, rinse and pat dry shrimp. Leave tails on 3 shrimp if desired for garnish. Chop remaining shrimp into 3 pieces, season shrimp with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the seasoning blend, mix well and set aside.
- In a pan over medium heat, add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add vegetables and saute for about 5 minutes, season with 1 teaspoon of seasoning blend, mix well. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add shrimp and cook for about 3 minutes only. Remove from heat and place mixture in a large bowl.
- Add cream cheese, mayonnaise and 1 cup of cheese to shrimp mixture and stir well. Place into a greased oven proof casserole dish, top with remaining cheese and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
Recipe from Creole Contessa.