Shredded chicken is mixed with Boursin cheese and vegetables. Bake up in crescent dough bundles for a quick, easy dinner.
These tasty Boursin Chicken Crescents are a quick meal that have a lot of versatility. Cubed or shredded chicken both work great in this recipe.
Use up those lingering vegetables in the fridge to add to the creamy chicken mixture, but I would recommend sautéing them first to cook out some of the water.
For the crushed crouton topping, use whatever flavor sounds good to you. I used garlic seasoned croutons and thought they were great.
I find that anything made with crescent dough from a can is best eaten right away. If it sits in the fridge it can get a bit soggy, so plan on eating this fresh. Enjoy!
Looking for more chicken dinner recipes? Here are a few of my favorites:
Boursin Chicken Crescents
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper Sheets
- 5 oz Boursin garlic & herbs
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken cubed or shredded
- 1/4 cup yellow onion diced
- 1/4 cup any color bell peppers diced
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil for sautéing
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cans (8 ounce each) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 tablespoon butter melted
- 3/4 cup garlic seasoned croutons finely crushed
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sauté the onions and bell peppers with the tablespoon of oil over medium heat for a few minutes, until they have softened a bit.
- In medium bowl, add cream cheese, chicken, onions, bell peppers, salt, pepper, and milk; mix well.
- Separate the 2 tubes of dough into 8 rectangles total. If your dough is perforated, pinch the seams together as needed to seal them. Lay out the dough on the parchment paper. Equally distribute the chicken mixture between the 8 pieces of dough. Pull 4 corners of dough to center of chicken mixture; twist firmly. Pinch edges to seal.
- Brush tops of sandwiches with 2 tablespoon melted butter; sprinkle with crushed croutons.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
A few more delicious chicken recipes!