My curiosity was piqued when I saw this recipe for Pumpkin Alfredo with Cheese Tortellini over at Family Fresh Meals. Not only was it comforting and delicious, I even got the kids to eat a bowl. I really like cheese so I added a bit more Parmesan that what was called for in the recipe. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Alfredo with Cheese Tortellini
Makes 4 servings
- 18 oz cheese tortellini
- 1 Tbsp. salted butter
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/8 tsp. grated nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup shaved or grated Parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- optional: fresh herbs for garnish
- Cook tortellini as the label directions. Reserve 1/4 cup of cooking water, then drain pasta. Set aside. Meanwhile, heat butter in a skillet and add shallots. Cook until soft, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and nutmeg and cook for 1 more minute.
- Stir in cream and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring often, until thick, about 5-7 minutes. Stir in Parmesan cheese and cook for 1 more minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked tortellini and reserved water to the pan and toss to coat.