Southern Style Cabbage
Makes many servings
- 2 small cabbages, thinly sliced (12 cups)
- 1/2 lb. bacon, diced and browned, reserve 4 Tbps. bacon grease for cabbage
- 1 small diced onion
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 Tbsp. sugar
- 4 Tbsp. vinegar, regular or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. black pepper
1. Dice the bacon and brown. Let bacon drain on paper towels and set aside 4 Tbsp. bacon grease.
2. Add the reserved bacon grease to a clean, large saute pan or pot. Cook the onion for about 4 minutes. Add the thinly sliced cabbage and stir. Add remaining ingredients and cook to desired doneness. (Depending on how crunchy or soft you want the cabbage). Adjust seasoning to your tastes.
Recipe from my mom. Sharing this recipe at the following fun link parties.