Aren’t these cookies adorable and festive?
Many thanks to Tumbleweed Contessa for this delicious cookie recipe. These cookies definitely liven up a Christmas cookie tray. One point to note is not to add the chocolate kisses while the cookie is still warm, or else the chocolate will melt into a not so attractive puddle.
Candy Cane Kisses Cookies
- 1 bag Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses ~12 ounce bag
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Red and green colored sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Remove the wrappers from the candies and keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.
For the cookie dough:
- Beat butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg in a large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in red and/or green colored sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookies are set. Remove from oven; cool 15 minutes. (If you add the kisses too soon they will melt) Press candy piece into the center of each cookie. Remove them from the cookie sheet and cool completely on a wire rack.