Are you guys getting excited for the Christmas season? I know I am. I have been saving this recipe for a while now for when we got closer to the holiday season and it is finally time. This is the best fudge recipe I have ever tried and it comes from an amazing blog, Jamie Cooks It Up!
It is my definition of the perfect fudge. It is sweet, a great consistency and the best part perhaps is that you don’t have to use a cooking thermometer. Makes lots and pass it on to your friends this Christmas season. Enjoy!
Creamy Dreamy Fudge
Makes one 9″ x 13″ pan
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 large can evaporated milk (12 oz)
- 1 cup butter
- 2 large Hershey Chocolate Candy Bars (they are about 4.4 oz each)
- 1 12 oz package milk chocolate chips
- 1 7 oz jar marshmallow cream
1. Put the sugar, milk and butter into a large sauce pan.
2. Stir it all together over medium high heat. Bring it to a boil while you continue stirring. Once the mixture has reached a “hard boil” (this means it keeps boiling, even while you are stirring) continue cooking for 5 minutes while you stir.
3. Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the Hershey Chocolate Bars, chocolate chips and marshmallow cream. Mix it well so that all the ingredients are well combined.
4. Pour the fudge into a buttered 9″x13″ pan.
5. Let the fudge set and cool for about 1 hour. After it has cooled down you can cover the pan with plastic wrap and store it in the fridge. It also freezes really well.
Note: If not eating right away, wrap it tightly. (I keep mine wrapped in plastic wrap and inside of a container)
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!