I hope you are ready for an easy, tasty treat today. I made these Cinnasticks when I made the Cheesy Garlic Sticks and both were very well received. I think it is kinda fun to make these things at home instead of relying on delivery, but that is just me.
The icing recipe is more of a throw it together and adjust as necessary. The original recipe called for an entire box of powdered sugar which seemed like way too much icing for just one pizza, so I scaled it back.
Domino’s Cinna Sticks Copycat (Cinnamon Breadsticks)
Makes one large pizza, about 24 sticks
- prepared (not baked) pizza dough, rolled out into a square or circle
- buttered flavored oil (I used a kind meant for popcorn and it worked great)
- 2 tsp. cinnamon (more if you are a cinnamon fan)
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350-f degrees.
- Using a perforated roller (preferably) or a pizza cutter, cut the dough into strips. Brush the dough with the flavored oil. Bake for about 15 minutes until cooked through, keeping a close eye on it so it doesn’t over bake. Remove from oven. While the dough is baking, prepare the icing by combining the icing ingredients in a mixing bowl and set aside. (If the icing is too thick add a touch more milk)
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and stir together well. Sprinkle the mixture over the warm dough. Drizzle with some of the prepared icing and place the rest of the icing in small bowls for dipping. Serve warm.
Source: Adapted/Inspired from Food.com, recipe by Jam Hands