For all of the hardcore chocolate lovers out there, I present to you Dark Chocolate M&M Cookies. When paired with red and green M&Ms on top they are adorably festive.
Rich with over the top chocolatey goodness.
Notes: I used half dark chocolate cocoa powder and half regular.
Dark Chocolate M&M Cookies
Makes about 16 large cookies
Print Friendly Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, preferably room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1 1/4 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Dark Chocolate M&M’s for topping the cookies
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugars. Beat together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Blend in the egg and vanilla, scrape down the bowl if needed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in the mixer on low speed just until incorporated. Mix in the milk on the lowest speed and fold in the chocolate chips. Preheat the oven to 350˚ F.
- Roll 2 tablespoons of dough into balls and place on the baking sheets. Top cookies with M&M’s. Place cookie sheet in freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Bake 10-11 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheets for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe from Love to be in the Kitchen.