Green Bean Casserole is a favorite at our house. I have no shame in posting this delicious recipe that uses not only canned cream soup but also French-fried onions. It is delicious and Thanksgiving just isn't the same without it. Enjoy!
Notes: The style of green bean is important to this recipe. French-style green beans have a different cut to them than normal green beans. They are slender and more delicate. I've tried this recipe using regular canned green beans and it just isn't as good. Make sure you buy the French-style.
Green Bean Casserole
Makes about 8 servings
Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) French-style green beans, drained (see notes)
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 can (2.8 oz.) French-fried onions
- Heat oven to 350-f degrees. In a 1 1/2 quart baking dish, mix green beans, soup and milk. Add in about half of the French-fried onions and stir gently.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, topping with remaining French-fried onions during the last 5 minutes of baking, until the green bean mixture is bubbly.