I love macaroons. They are a Christmas treat my mother has made for a long, long time. We have our own favorite recipe which has a cherry on top, but this recipe looked too good not to try out.
As you can see you get some nice, chewy edges on these macaroons which we enjoyed quite a bit.
Tasty and really easy to make. Enjoy!
Note: These macaroons are quite fragile when transferring. If need be, very lightly spray your spatula before attempting to transfer. I didn't need to do this but I wanted to give you a heads up.
Makes about 20 large cookies
- 1 package (4 serving) Jell-O pudding, vanilla flavor, regular not instant
- 2-2/3 cups Angel Flake Coconut
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare baking sheet with grease and flour or prepare pan with parchment paper sprayed with cooking spray.
- Combine pudding mix, coconut, milk, and extract.
- Drop by 1.5 Tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet. (This is about a 1" ball, using a scoop makes this very easy.)
- Bake at 325 for 14 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown and the tops are just starting to turn brown.
- Remove from baking sheets immediately and cool thoroughly on racks.
Recipe from Mennonite Girls Can Cook.
You might also like this recipe: