Would you like to hear what I discovered yesterday? Well, I realized I had accidentally turned off comments on the blog for the past two months. Yikes!
About two months ago I was getting hit with a spam comment barrage so I had turned off comments for the evening, fully planning on turning them back on the next day. Whoops! Apparently I totally forgot. My apologies.
Onto the meatloaf. You get a pretty substantial serving here at only two carbs, leaving you lots of room for vegetables on the side to make up the majority of the carb count in your meal.
Of course, it doesn't have the exact texture of a traditional meatloaf, but I found it to be a great substitute. It is not tough and the diced onion lends some added texture, flavor and moisture. I would recommend going for a fresh onion for this as opposed to onion powder for this reason.
I had this with a sugar free ketchup. Tasty and even the kids loved it, onions and all. Enjoy!
Cheeseburger Keto Meatloaf
Makes 8 servings
Per serving: 2 carbs, 25g protein
- 2 pounds raw ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (I use the kind in the green can)
- 1 small diced onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, cut into cubes
- Mix all of the ingredients except the cheddar cheese. Be careful not to over mix as this can make the meatloaf tough. Mix in the cheese cubes.
- Place mixture into a lightly sprayed large oven safe dish. Form into a meatloaf shape.
- Bake at 350-f for 1 hour, until cooked through and browned on top.
- Optional: garnish with sugar free ketchup.
Recipe by Jam Hands.