Cheesy Squash Casserole is a comforting side dish full of vegetables with a buttery, crunchy topping.
Cheesy Squash Casserole
Makes a 9 x 13" pan
- 4 cups yellow squash, chopped (2 medium squash)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled & chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 3 Tablespoons lemon thyme, fresh OR 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounces Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing Mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Prep all the vegetables and cut into bite sized pieces. Cook in a small amount of olive oil and butter until tender. (They shouldn't get brown at all, remember to keep the heat medium-low.)
- Lightly spray a 9x13" casserole dish. Combine melted butter with Pepperidge Farm herb stuffing mix. Sprinkle a layer of the buttered crumbs on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Mix together sour cream, cream of chicken soup, cream of celery, and the cooked squash mixture. Sprinkle with lemon thyme.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese. Add the remaining buttered crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Silver Foodie.