I love pasta salads, especially recipes that make a huge serving so you can have leftovers in the fridge for a few days to eat with your lunch and dinner. This Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad is particularly tasty as it uses a dry ranch mix in the dressing. It is full of lots of tasty raw vegetables and a hint of cheese and bacon.
My only change for next time would be to prepare the raw carrots differently. When diced, they were a bit too hard to bite into. I think next time I would shred them, or if I wanted to keep them diced, perhaps blanch them so they aren't quite so hard to eat. I'll leave that decision up to you. Enjoy!
Makes about 12 servings
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix, plus extra to taste, if desired
- 16 oz rotini pasta
- 2 large carrots, diced small (I recommend shredding them)
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups raw broccoli
- 1 cup ham, small cubes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, small cubes
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced small
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced small
- Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, and ranch dressing mix. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil or vegetable oil so it doesn’t stick.
- Chop the veggies, ham, and cheese into bite sized pieces. Combine with the pasta and the dressing and stir well. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.