Noodle Kugels are new to me and I think I hit the jackpot with this recipe. It was fantastic, I can't stress that enough. The ratio of the custard to the noodles was perfect.
When I was researching recipes, I knew I wanted a recipe that had fewer noodles and a bit more custard. I went with a sweet graham cracker topping which was the perfect accent.
Ultra Creamy and Rich Sweet Noodle Kugel
Makes a 9" deep dish pie plate
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups cooked egg noodles (cook 1 cup dry noodles according to directions on package, drained and rinsed with cold water, or toss it lightly with butter.)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350-f degrees
- Prepare the filling: In a food processor blend the melted butter, cream cheese and eggs. Add sugar, milk and vanilla and blend well. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add the cooked noodles. Stir gently to combine. Pour into a greased deep dish pie dish.
- Prepare the topping: Stir the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter together and mix well. Sprinkle over the uncooked kugel. Don't worry if it seems to sink a bit, it should rise to the top as it bakes.
- Bake for 50 - 55 minutes, or until set. I baked it in a water bath but if you try baking it regularly, please let me know how it turns out.
Recipe adapted from Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart.