Tailgate Queso everybody! Easy to make and it has a unique ingredient, hot no bean chili. It totally works and gives the queso a really nice texture and flavor. I also appreciated that there was no need to add additional liquids to this. All you need is the liquid from the cans of rotel tomatoes, so no milk needed.
Creamy, cheesy and delicious. Add jalapenos or Sriracha sauce to bump up the spiciness.
Dig in with tortilla chips or Fritos scoops. Many thanks to Carlee from Cooking with Carlee for this recipe. Enjoy!
Makes a LOT of servings
- 2 lb block of Velveeta
- 2 cans Rotel, undrained
- 1 can Hormel hot no bean chili
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Optional: diced jalapenos or hot sauce for extra spiciness
- Cut Velveeta into cubes and put it and all of the other ingredients into a deep saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat until completely melted, stirring frequently to avoid scorching.
- Serve with sturdy tortilla chips or on burgers, brats or hot dogs.
Slightly adapted from Cooking with Carlee.