This tasty Neiman Marcus Chicken Salad has a secret ingredient that gives the texture of the salad a wonderfully creamy texture. What is it ? Freshly whipped cream folded into the chicken, almond and grape salad. It works and it is wonderful.
Serve on a bed of curly lettuce, with crackers or on a croissant. Enjoy!
Neiman Marcus Chicken Salad
Makes about 6 cups
- 1 lb. cooked chicken breasts, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1 cup halved purple grapes
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped parsley (I used 2 teaspoons dried)
- 1 tsp, kosher salt
- 1/2 cup freshly whipped cream
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- If you haven't already done so, toast the almonds (400-f degrees for 7 minutes) and whip heavy whipping cream.
- Combine the chicken, mayonnaise, celery, grapes, almonds, parsley, and salt in a bowl. Add whipped cream and pepper; fold to combine.
- Serve on lettuce or a croissant.