This three ingredients appetizer is a huge hit at our family gatherings. Maple sausage gives these a hint of flavor. Easy to make and loved by all.
Spicy sausage would work well here, or even plain sausage as well. Go with what you like, but I urge you to try the maple variety at least once.
Warm, tasty and always one of our most popular appetizers. Enjoy!
Maple Sausage Cream Cheese Crescents
Makes about 20-24 slices depending on thickness cut
- 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb. maple sausage (I like Jimmy Dean), cooked and fat drained
- 1 package crescent rolls
- Open the tubes of crescent dough and lay out on a piece of parchment paper. Press the seams together so there aren't any large gaps.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cooked maple sausage and cream cheese and stir to combine. Add the mixture evenly between the sheet of crescent dough. Roll up lengthwise into a pinwheel. Wrap tightly in parchment or plastic wrap and chill for an hour or longer.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375-f degrees. Slice into 1/4" thick pieces and bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 10-12 minutes, until lightly browned on the edges. Let cool and transfer to a platter. (Ovens vary so check frequently once you hit the 10 minute mark. You may need to add 1-2 minutes extra.)