Creamy Taco Dip is a spicy, creamy dip topped with loads of chopped vegetables and freshly shredded cheese.
Adjust the spiciness to your liking using your favorite brand of hot sauce.
Serve with tortilla chips or Fritos scoops. Enjoy!
Notes: You may have to buy two bottles of taco sauce as they traditionally are a small size bottle. If you happen to not buy enough and end up short (like I did), simply add in a few shakes of hot sauce, such as Cholula.
Creamy Taco Dip
Makes about 12 servings
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 16 ounce (2 cups) sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups taco sauce (mild or medium, depending on how spicy you want it)
- 2 cups freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce (use romaine for a deeper green color)
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese and sour cream with an electric mixer until smooth. Add taco sauce and mix until combined.
- Spread mixture onto a large serving dish.
- Add toppings in the following order (starting at the bottom): Lettuce, bell pepper, tomato, green onions, cheese and cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips or Fritos Scoops.
Recipe by Jam Hands.