Tucked inside each truffle is a sweet cherry and on top is a delicious cherry drizzle. They may look fancy but they are a cinch to prepare.
This is one of those foods where when you take a bite you have an audible reaction. So good. Enjoy!
Cherry Oreo Truffles
Makes about 21
- For the truffles:
- 1 family size package Oreo cookies (about 36 cookies)
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 21 maraschino cherries (save the juice from the jar)
- For the chocolate shell:
- 12 ounces chocolate flavored almond bark
- For the cherry drizzle:
- 4 ounces vanilla almond bark
- 1-2 Tablespoons Maraschino cherry juice (roughly)
- Blitz the oreos in a food processor into fine crumbs. Add the cream cheese and pulse until it comes together in a large ball. Transfer to a bowl.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to portion the mixture into 1 inch balls (you can also just use your hands.) Flatten the ball and add the cherry to the center and reform the cookie mixture around it, rolling it between your hands to smoothen the surface. Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet and chill for 15 minutes.
- After the truffles have chilled, melt the chocolate almond bark according to package directions. Coat the chilled truffles ith the melted chocolate almond bark and transfer to parchment paper. Allow it to set out a bit to harden and prepare the cherry drizzle while it hardens.
- Melt the white almond bark according to package directions. Stir well so it is creamy and smooth. Add the cherry juice, stirring constantly until it comes together. Mine seized up just momentarily, but just keep stirring and it should be fine. (Note: This method will most likely not work with white chocolate chips, which is why this recipe calls for almond bark.)
- Transfer the cherry drizzle mixture to a ziploc. Snip a tiny corner off the ziploc. Drizzle over the hardened truffles. Chill to harden the drizzle. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Recipe by Jam Hands.