At our Christmas party I wanted to be sure to have appetizers that picky eaters would enjoy (I'm looking at you, children of our family). This quick and easy appetizer was a hit with kids and adults alike. It is quite tasty and is a great last minute recipe.
Three simple ingredients: summer sausage, cheddar spread and crackers. The cheddar spread we found was refrigerated and in the gourmet cheese section of the grocery store. Merkts is a great brand of cheese spread, available in many flavors. FYI, the cheddar spread I am talking about is not the same product as a cheez whiz.
Easy and delicious. Enjoy!
Summer Sausage and Cheese Spread Delights
Makes several servings
- 1 tub refrigerated cheese spread
- 1 small or medium summer sausage
- 1 box crackers
- Let the cheese spread sit out at room temperature for 20 minutes before starting.
- Cut the summer sausage into thin, bite sized pieces.
- Spread the cheese spread on each cracker and top with sliced summer sausage. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Jam Hands, adapted from Your Party Tuned Up.