Rice Krispies Treats have long been a favorite dessert of mine. They are classic and delicious, which begs the question, can they really be improved upon? Yes, yes they can.
Perfect Rice Krispies Treats
Makes a 9x9-inch pan
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 8 cups, plus 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Krispie Cereal
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Line a 9x9 pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large post over low heat melt butter. Once butter in melted add in 8 cups mini marshmallows, stirring constantly.
- Once the marshmallows are just melted remove from heat and stir in your cereal and salt until just coated in marshmallow mixture. Now stir in the remaining 2 cups of mini marshmallows.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and press in evenly.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares. Best if served same day.
Recipe from Cookies and Cups.