Hissy Fit Dip. Legend has it that one gal famous for this dip neglected to bring it to a party and all her friends had a big ol' hissy fit about it.
One of my long time favorite bloggers, Steph at Plain Chicken, posted this recipe for Hissy Fit Dip at her blog a while back. I can't rave enough about her site. It has delicious, easy to prepare recipes with awesome food photography. Be sure to hop over to her site and check them out.
Now, onto the recipe. I made this Christmas Eve to enjoy while watching The Christmas Story, an annual movie tradition that I'm sure a few of you practice as well.
I served it with fritos scoops, but it would also be great with tortilla chip scoops as well. It isn't exactly pretty but it tastes awesome! Total comfort food. Enjoy!
Hissy Fit Dip
Makes 8 servings
- 1 lb sausage
- 16 oz sour cream
- 8 oz Velveeta cheese, cut into small cubes or shredded
- 4 oz muenster cheese
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x9-inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink. Drain fat. In a large bowl, mix together sausage and remaining ingredients. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until bubbly.
Recipe from Plain Chicken.