Sweet and spicy caramelized pecans stuffed with a gorgonzola filling. This unique little appetizer has it all, crunch, creaminess, spice and sweetness.
This recipe makes a lot, so if you are serving this for a smaller get together, I would consider halving the recipe. Enjoy!
Caramelized Pecans Stuffed with Gorgonzola
Makes 50 pecan bites
- 100 large (about 6 oz. or 2 cups) selected pecan halves
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sugar
- the small pinch of salt, if you like
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/8 tsp garam masala (or you can try curry powder or cumin)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (about 2 oz.)
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese (about 4 oz), brought to room temperature to soften
- To prepare the caramelized pecans: spread pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with a silicon mat (or parchment paper). Bake at 375° for 10 minutes.
- Watch them carefully and don’t overbake or burn them.
- Melt butter and honey in a large saucepan over medium heat.Add pecans, stirring until coated. Cool completely. Combine sugar, salt, pepper, cayenne and garam masala in a large bowl. Remove pecans using a slotted spoon, and place in sugar mixture, tossing to coat.
- To assemble: Mix the blue cheese and the sour cream with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Using either a small teaspoon (or better a pastry bag) mound (or pipe) the creamy mixture onto the flat side of half of the pecans. Top with another pecan, flat side down, and smooth all around the edges with a clean finger. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe from ZTastyLife