2 hours ago
Monday, November 30, 2015
Normally at our Thanksgiving dinner we make plain smashed sweet potatoes. This year, though, I wanted to make these Classic Candied Sweet Potatoes that are sliced and baked in a sweet brown sugar and butter sauce.
The sauce itself is very thin and even after baking it doesn't thicken up much. It really is just a thin glaze. I mention this as I read reviews of the original recipe that seemed to assume that this sauce would be syrupy thick and cling to the sweet potatoes. This is not that type of sauce. It is sweet yes, but not overly so, which I prefer. Enjoy!
Saturday, November 28, 2015
Thanksgiving has passed but I wanted to show some new recipes we made this year. The Jello mold above has an eggnog layer on the bottom,which I found to be so cute and festive. I'll be posting the recipes very shortly, then it is onto Christmas!
Thanksgiving Menu 2015 - Recipes to come soon!
Cheddar Pecan Cheese Ring with Strawberry Preserves - this is a very popular recipe at our house. Might seem strange but it is incredibly delicious.
Brined Turkey with Orange Tangerine Glaze
Notes: We used this Turkey Brine from The Pioneer Woman. For the glaze we used 1 cup of orange-tangerine juice with 1/4 cup sugar, reduced it down till it was syrupy then added 1/4 tsp. crushed sage. Brush it on your turkey when it is almost done baking.
Dried Cherry, Cranberry and Sausage Stuffing
Roasted Butternut Squash, Brussel Sprouts with Pomegranate Seeds and Pomegranate Glaze
Candied Sweet Potatoes
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Green Bean Casserole with French Fried Onions (classic back of the box recipe)
Jellied Cranberry Sauce (my new go-to cranberry sauce)
Cranberry Pineapple Sauce
Raspberry, Cranberry and Eggnog Layered Jello Mold
Super Smooth Secret Ingredient Pumpkin Pie (the best pumpkin pie recipe we've ever made)
Chocolate Mud Pie
Sunday, November 15, 2015
Thanksgiving is just around the corner. I put together a collection of my favorite recipes to help plan your menu. Enjoy and have a great holiday! I'll be updating this post as I publish new recipes for Thanksgiving.
- Dilly Dip
- Cheddar & Chive Pumpkin Cheese Ball
- Best Ever Broccoli Salad w/ Dried Cranberries
- Best Ever Spinach Dip
- Maple Roasted Turkey with Bacon
- Pumpkin Soup with Cinnamon Sugar Croutons
- Classic Baked Acorn Squash
- Sweet Fried Corn
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows
- Sweet and Spicy Coleslaw
- Acorn Squash with Cranberry, Apple, Sausage Stuffing
- Cornbread Sausage Stuffing
- Sweet Bacon & Green Bean Bundles
- Cornbread Supreme
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Cinnamon Pecan Streusel
- Oyster Stuffing (Oyster Dressing)
- Nectarine Almond Pie
- Pumpkin Cranberry Cake with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
- Apple & Cream Cheese Bundt Cake
- Classic Libby's Pumpkin Pie
- Dutch Apple Pie
- Chocolate & Pecan Squares
- Pineapple Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Peach & Pear Pie