This delicious salad was from last Summer. If it wasn't apparent I am working hard this week to post any backlogged recipes. So here we go!
The balsamic dressing for this salad is very unique and delicious, combining orange olive oil, pear balsamic vinegar, a touch of sugar and brown mustard. It would be delicious to use it as an appetizer -take a cracker, top it with cheese, a thin slice of ripe fruit and drizzle the dressing on top. Enjoy!
Pear & Nectarine Salad with Gorgonzola and Pear Balsamic Dressing
Makes 2 servings (with a bit of dressing left over)
- ripe sliced pear
- ripe sliced nectarine
- gorgonzola crumbles
- washed lettuce mix of your choice
- For Pear Balsamic Dressing:
- 1/4 c. orange olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. pear balsamic vinegar
- dash of pepper
- pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 1/8 tsp. coarse ground mustard (I used Grey Poupon brand, style Country Dijon)
- Add the dressing ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix very well. Set aside.
- Place the lettuce in your serving dish. Top with sliced pear and nectarine. Top with gorgonzola crumbles. Top with the prepared pear balsamic dressing and serve.
Recipe by Jam Hands.