A little bit messy but wonderfully tasty is this little Mud Pie.
Notes: We used a traditional pie crust that was baked and cooled before adding the filling ingredients. Another alternative would be to use a basic crushed graham cracker crust.
Makes one 9-inch pie
- 22 vanilla wafers, crushed (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Pecans
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 cups thawed Cool Whip, divided
- 1 pkg. (3.9 oz.) JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1-3/4 cups cold milk
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Mix wafer crumbs, nuts and butter; press onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate. Bake 10 min.; cool.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in medium bowl with mixer until well blended. Gently stir in 1 cup cool whip; spread onto bottom of crust. Beat pudding mix and milk with whisk 2 min.; spoon over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate several hours or until firm. Top with remaining cool whip just before serving.
Recipe from Kraft.