We love our cranberry sauces and relish at my house, so of course we had to try out a new recipe for Thanksgiving. This recipe by Kraft is fairly tart. Next time around I would probably use a different flavor of gelatin, like strawberry to possibly offset the tartness. Enjoy!
JELL-O Cranberry-Pineapple Relish
Makes about 3 1/2 cups
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) cranberries
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) JELL-O Orange Flavor Gelatin (alternatively you could use the strawberry flavor)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped Walnuts
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add enough water to reserved juice to measure 1 cup; pour into medium saucepan. Add cranberries, dry gelatin mix, sugar and pineapple; mix well. Bring to boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook 3 to 5 min. or until cranberries are softened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in nuts. Cool 30 min.
- Spoon cranberry relish into small bowl. Refrigerate 6 hours or until firm. Stir before serving.
Recipe from Kraft.