Cherry Topped Coconut Macaroons are one of my all time favorite Christmas treats. The traditional Eagle Brand recipe is used, with one change- no almond extract. In such a small treat I find the almond overpowering, and this is coming from an almond lover.
Chewy, moist, lots of delicious flavors. Enjoy!
Cherry Topped Coconut Macaroons
Makes about 4 dozen
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- 1 (14 oz.) package (5 1/3 cups) flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- maraschino cherries
- Heat oven to 325°F. Line baking sheets with foil. Spray foil with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, egg white, coconut and vanilla in large bowl; mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Top each cookies with a whole cherry. (I got about 3 dozen since I used more like heaping teaspoonfuls.)
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Immediately remove from baking sheets to wire rack. Macaroons will stick if allowed to cool on baking sheet.
Recipe adapted from Eagle Brand.