After getting a bit burnt out on the standard cranberry juice and pineapple punches, I tried this recipe for Banana Slush Punch. It was simply fantastic. The original recipe makes a LOT so I cut this in half. Many thanks to Macaroni & Cheesecake for this recipe.
Plan ahead as it needs to freeze overnight. Enjoy!
Banana Slush Punch
Makes about 2.5-3 gallons.
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 6 cups water
- 1-46 oz. can pineapple juice
- 46 oz. orange juice
- 5 fresh bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Three 2 liters ginger ale
- In medium saucepan, add sugar and water. Bring to boil and stir until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine pineapple juice, orange juice, mashed bananas & lemon juice. Add sugar syrup, once cooled, and stir well. Divide evenly into three 6 cup freezer containers (you may have a little left over) leaving 1/2 inch at the top for expansion. Freeze containers overnight.
- About one hour prior to serving, dump the contents of one frozen container into your punch bowl. Pour one 2 liter over the frozen banana mixture.
- You will use one 2 liter per frozen container.
Recipe from Macaroni and Cheesecake.