Keep the oven turned off and pop these sweet cinnamon carrots in the microwave. They turned out tender and delicious. I wasn't sure how I'd like them prepared in the microwave but they were fantastic. In fact I think I preferred them to roasting in the oven. Enjoy!
Cinnamon Brown Sugar Carrots in the Microwave
Makes 4-6 servings
- 8 large carrots
- 3 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Butter (I would use less next time, about 2-3 Tbsp.)
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Peel carrots and cut into long thin strips. (I cut the thin strips into smaller pieces so it was easier for the kids to eat.) Set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, water, salt and cinnamon in large casserole dish.
- Microwave on high until butter is melted (about one minute). Stir to blend.
- Add carrots and stir until coated. Cover and microwave on high for 8 minutes. Stir again to blend. Microwave another 6 to 8 minutes until tender.
Recipe from Your Party...Tuned Up!