Forget strawberry and rhubarb. Pineapple and rhubarb are an outstanding combination and make up what is probably my favorite pie. Homemade pie dough is of course best, but premade dough that you can roll out yourself will work in a pinch. After the egg wash, don't forget to sprinkle the top of the pie with sugar before baking. Enjoy!
Rhubarb Pineapple Pie
Makes one pie
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 1⁄4 cups thinly sliced rhubarb
- 14 ounces crushed drained pineapple
- pastry for double-crust pie
- 1 egg, beaten well for egg wash
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- In large bowl measure 1st amount of sugar and flour, stir. Add rhubarb and pineapple, stir. Pour fruit mixture into unbaked pie shell.
- Moisten pastry rim and cover with top crust. Cut slits in top crust to let steam escape. Brush the top crust lightly with the egg wash. Sprinkle evenly with remaining tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake in 350° oven on bottom rack for 50- 60 minutes until browned and rhubarb is cooked.
Recipe from Food.com