My mom makes delicious deviled eggs. There are typically two camps when it comes to deviled eggs, those who use mayo and those who use miracle whip. My mom uses miracle whip and keeps the recipe simple, no relish or other additions, just smooth and creamy filling.
Simple and Delicious Deviled Eggs
Makes one dozen
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 1/4 cup miracle whip
- 1 tsp. stone ground mustard
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- paprika for garnish
- Slice the hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise. Remove all the yolks from the whites and place the yolks in a mixing bowl. Place the white gently on a plate and set aside.
- Mash the yolks well with a fork. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl except the paprika and mix with a hand mixer on low until smooth. Place spoonfuls of the prepared yolk filling into the egg white halves and sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- If you prefer a fancier look to them you can instead put the filling in a ziploc bag, snip a corner and pipe them into the egg whites.
Recipe from my mom.