This delicious side dish was a hit at my house. The raving over this recipe was intense. To put it mildly, everyone loved it.
Personally, I felt that the amount of butter could be cut down a bit in this recipe. I'll leave that up to you guys to decide what you think is best. I think I would go with 1/3 cup and see how that goes next time around. If you have unsalted butter I'd also recommend that you go with that, instead of the standard salted butter. Between the condensed soup and broth, it can get a bit salty.
Note that for this recipe you want to use standard white rice, not instant rice. Enjoy!
Stick of Butter Rice
Makes about 6 servings
- 1 c. uncooked white rice (NOT instant)
- 1 (10 oz) can of condensed french onion soup (don't add any extra water)
- 1 (10 oz) can of beef broth
- 1/2 c. of butter, sliced (Unsalted if available to cut down on the salt)
- Preheat oven to 425-f degrees.
- In a 9x9 inch baking dish combine rice, soup and broth.
- Cut butter into slices and place on top of the mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake 30 minutes more.
Recipe from Thirty Handmade Days.